part of my world

 

Friday, August 18, 2006

Credit card people

Now you see, everytime those credit card people from booths set up at shopping complexes approach me, I would decline and tell them "I'm not working yet"

And they miraculously, like a skunk who has just let out a wisp of dreadful foul smelling BO, they would back off. It's natural, I have nothing to offer so they stop offering.

But the other day, this guy (too bad I can't remember the bank he is from) offered something.

He nicely approach me as I walk by and I nicely decline and say, "I'm not working yet" and continued walking.

He followed me and then said this loudly and accusingly:

"Jangan tipu la... Tak mau, tak mau la"

I was angry because I was telling the truth and I was accused a liar
I was amused because I realised I no longer look those teeny-booper and have aged over the years
I was sorry that he was so desparate
I was generally annoyed that he cannot simply take no for an answer.

So what if I look old and still a student? Cannot meh?
So what if I am old, not a student but unemployed just simply because I am lazy?
So what if that was a downright lie?
I bet many MANY people used it (which I guess when the lie is in fact the truth, he does not buy it)
The thing is that I decline nicely (by telling the truth some more!!) and no, he can't take a NO
So what does he expect? Everyone to sign up?
Or maybe he prefers a simple "No, thank you" which most of the time they are persistant enough to ask you why. So to save their time and mine, I gave them the reason straight away.... only to be called a liar!

Don't you just hate it when you are telling the truth and then someone accuses you of lying... in public to boot

Sigh.

Perhaps he was just having a bad day.

Oh well..

posted by Charis at 2:09:00 am


~~*~~