part of my world

 

Thursday, August 10, 2006

From hero to zero

These few months...
I can sleep on my nice bed with my faithful pillow
I can sleep till the sun sets
I can go to sleep when the sun rises
I can sleep comfortably without bothering the alarm clock

The coming months...
I have to sleep on a new, foreign bed
I have to wake up when the sun rises
I have to sleep before the sun rises
I have to set the darn alarm

These few months...
I can sit around and stare at the ceiling for the whole day while waiting to be fed
I can sit in front of the television and catch every episode of House, Scrubs, CSI, etc
I can sit in front of the computer doing aimless stuff and yakking crap with equally crappy people
I can basically waste time

The coming months...
I cannot sit around and do nothing because I'll be fired
I cannot catch any episode of House or Scrubs or heck, even ExploreRace
I cannot or rather probably do not have internet connection... yet
I cannot basically waste time, I have to kill time

These few months...
I have home-cooked food
I have a car to drive around
I have my dog
I can blog

The coming months...
I don't have them all.. period


Man.. It sounds depressing.

Haha.

Somehow with the months of mental preparation and the fact that 90% of us going through this makes it somewhat exciting and bearable..

BUT bear in mind that I am typing this in the comfort of my home and have not started the exodus yet.

Oh man.. what awaits me over there?

posted by Charis at 1:10:00 am


~~*~~