part of my world

 

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

WELCOME and why I switched allegiance

Enough about Friendster's blog.

It terrorizes me.

Everytime I update the blog, my freaky picture shows up in that box in the middle of the Friendster page. Fine, I got used to that..

Then I found out from a friend that they send your posts directly to their mailbox if they check that little box where you agree to let them spam your mailbox. I feel a little uneasy to have my rantings and whinnings posted everytime to people's mailbox. I feel like a spam to those who does not want to read what I have to write. It's like I shamelessly deliver my thoughts and musings to people's mailbox uninvitedly. Queer is my brain..
To those who utilises this feature, thank you for reading =) Guess now, it'll be a little more mar fan to read my posts and I am so sorry for that. Don't worry, I'll chant the address to you whenever I see you =)

The last straw was when they have this new feature featuring excerpts of recent entries at the lower left hand corner of the page. Yikes.. I feel like an advertisement. Recently saw the scariest view from a friend's page.. my freaky picture was there. Not one but THREE!! Because not many from her network owns a blog or they seldom update, my freaky pictures are literally pasted all over her page. Imagine if no one on her network updates in the next two months, my freaky pictures will fill up the entire box and I'll be responsible for her domperidone overdose. So sorry..

Then you ask, why start with it in the first place? Well... because I was new to blogging. Naturally, I choose the easiest la. Places like blogspot scares me (but now I like it =p) and I don't have the time to fiddle with this HTML gibberish.

I know by having a blog, I cannot keep track of who is reading it but (pardon my little queer mind) at least when they visit your page to read it, it somehow feels a little more private (I don't know how but it somehow does). At least now I feel less like a spam and an advertisement.

To those who are Friendster bloggers, please do not feel that it is in anyway an insult or anything. It is not. It's just that the chunk of tissue inside my cranium isn't floating properly.. hence all the queer hallucinations and anxiety. I promise to take my medications now.

And oh... WELCOME to the new home! =)

Transferred all the posts here except the pictures. Lazy la to upload. I will.. someday. But as for now, if you really really want the pictures, you can pay a visit to the
old blog. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Otherwise, all is good and as promise, medication time! Toodles~

posted by Charis at 2:55:00 am


~~*~~