part of my world

 

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

By declaring Monday off...

I can't believe this. They actually declared 22nd a public holiday!! No, you are getting me wrong. I am NOT happy about that. ARRGGGHHH!

Unfortunately, though I see it coming from the day I learnt about the whole on-call system, I knew I will be the idiot lucky contestant who will be the first caller. Yes, I am on call. Why am I so frustrated was that over here in Pahang, the dear Sultan's birthday falls on the first day of Raya. So naturally, it will be carried forward and we Pahang folks are officially off on Thursday as well. This means that, we can zoom back to beloved KL on Friday evening and only return to forsaken land on Thursday night. That is like a whole week off!! I thought you only get that during school days! I am so urgh! I'll be all alone here while the rest enjoy KL =(

Their initial plan was that they remain here for the weekends and only drive down to KL on Monday evening. No point going home during the weekends and then again on Monday. So at least I'll have them around for the weekends. Since now they decided to be generous and grant the country another day off, Pahang folks will be enjoying a (almost) whole week off while pity pity me because for the love of the country and mankind, I am stuck in stupidland. I feel so sorry for myself. I know, self pity is pathetic but what could be more pathetic being stuck here?

I must admit I felt jealous. The week is going to be so…void! I need to take leave... soon... to compensate! So the not fair! And I don't even get extra allowances or OT for working at that time #^*&^#@#@!

posted by Charis at 10:05:00 pm


~~*~~