part of my world

 

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

World Cup 2006

Noticed most blogs blogged about this, and not wanting to be left out, so I too, jumped into the bandwagon and decided to dedicate a post to the most happening sporting event of the year (errr... ).

The funny thing is that I was so much into football 4 years back when I know the names of the players and their jersey numbers like at the back of my hand. And now, the first match I watched for the last 15 minutes since the kickoff on 9 June, was France vs Switzerland bummer.

Sheesh.. 0-0?!?

Just when I decided to sit down and watch a match. No goals?!? A bit the boring rite.. (was secretly hoping that I'll catch another miracle like that of Aust vs Japan =P)

And speaking about that Aussie match.. sheesh.. just when i decided to step into the bathroom for cleansing rituals of a good, reasonable 10 minutes.. darn.. i missed ALL the action!

That's usually what happens.. noticed that whenever I sit down and watch a whole 90 minutes match.. either the team I am supporting loses or even worse, they got trashed badly. It's painful, you know.

Hehe.. Come to think of it, if i watched the whole 90 minutes of France, poor Barthez's team would probably repeat the same joke that happened 4 years ago at the kickoff match with Senegal. Maybe a 1-0 to Switzerland. ahahaahaha.

Anyway, my initial intention of writing this entry was not to talk about footie since I hardly know it anymore. Sad, i know..

I was just pondering over what my mom mentioned..

She said: When the next World Cup, bro would be graduating

I had some deja-vu feeling... Sounds familiar

Then it flashes across mind, aha..!!!

We were having microbiology labs streaking silly E.coli on agars, when there was an England match and we were rushing home to catch it. Someone mentioned the same thing.. "when the next World Cup is held, we'll graduate already." And now, World Cup is here again..

How time flies...

And how 4 years passed that fast. So much things have changed. People, relationships, surroundings, expectations, perceptions, outlook, mindset, preferences..

I am still feeling nostalgic over the fact that I once thought my 8 semester course spanned over 4 years was a never-ending torment but it eventually came to an end.. I survived! And I miss it. I don't know why..

maybe I do not wish to move forward to the working world

or maybe I am just afraid of change (coz I have gotten the hang of how to crap out reports and all.. teehehe)

or maybe I am just a sentimental fool

I wish to turn the clock so I could relive those 4 years again.. despite the madness, sleepless nights, Babs, and those awful zits..

Whatever the reason is, it was a pretty good 4 years and I will always remember it that way.

And when the next World Cup is held...

I'll be done with government service =)


posted by Charis at 4:45:00 pm


~~*~~